Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We're All a Little Weird, Right?


Is it weird that I could literally eat breakfast for every meal and never get tired of it? Is it weird that enjoy sewing and baking and hanging out with my grandma more than a normal 20 year old girl probably should? Is it weird that I usually drop the g's on all words such as lovin', cookin', and lookin'? Is it weird that I like folding fitted sheets? Is it weird that I think it's acceptable to eat cake for breakfast? Is it weird that I prefer pizza over sushi? Is it weird that I think most days are ok days to listen to Notorious B.I.G? Is it weird that I created a zine for my creative writing class with a primary focus on Crisco and Sisqo, as in the 1999 lyrical genius?




big thanks to my favorite fella for the nice little sketch of Sisqo. : )

Weird is such a weird word... but I like it. I like people! I really do! Everyone has their own kind of weird if you think about it. Despite every mean thing that anyone has ever done and any mean thought that has ever passed through anyone's mind I like to believe that deep down inside everyone has got some beauty within them! Yes, even the biggest bully you've ever met in your entire life! Even the kid who used to steal your quarters and lunch on the playground! (Does that really happen? I guess I'll find out.) Seeing the beauty in yourself and everyone else is taking all failures, strengths, quirks, and weirdness and loving each and every bit of it! Especially yourself, which I sometimes find especially hard. Because, well, no one is better at being you than you, right? (How cheesy, I KNOW.) But hey! God made each and every person in the world intricately and uniquely with His very own hands! Which is super neat and interesting if you really sit down and ponder that for a minute.

so, this all really works out for us, I think. You are unique, you are you, you are weird, but everyone else is, too!
so, thanks, God, for that.


P.S. Sunday is Mother's Day!! Love on your madres a little extra this weekend, and do something very special for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment