Thursday, May 2, 2013

beauty.


I really like life a whole lot, both the good parts and the bad. It's the end of the school year and even though it's a sad thing, I wanna think about all of the good things that I've experienced this year... which, I definitely think it's been a rather good year collectively. I love SIU, Carbondale, my classes, the people I've met, everything. 

I really think I've learned to appreciate and find the beauty in every single thing, good or bad, big or small. I find myself looking at everything around me and smiling so, so big because of the part it plays in this big, huge, world. My mind is oftentimes blown by the things that God has created purely for beauty and as I like to think, to make us smile. 



Of course I had to snap a photo of the pretty walk around campus lake with my gal pal.
It also made me think about other things that are beautiful to me...

afternoon walks with my best gal pal
always God's plan, never a coincidence
rainy days that allow me to wear rain boots
warm days that allow me to wear sundresses
sundays with nick. 
people who are really good at what they do, but still down to earth and humble
days and nights spent with family 
my grandma's boyfriend who is battling (and conquering) cancer and still continues to be his silly, goofy self
music
handwritten things
letters
memories
the library
a love for books
the farmers market 
my pretty conversation partner, Sun-ah
bluegrass and folk music
conversations with my roommate, jordan
people who are real with me
time spent with my two best gal pals, emma & hillary 
trees, flowers, the sky, grass, clouds
people's stories
people's testimonies
root beer
parties
my mom and dad
my sweet grandma who teaches me to be a lady each and every day 
records
my brother and his big brain
hugs
breakfast foods
family get-togethers
love notes
listening and dancing to oldies from the past
alone time with God
seeing elderly couples going on walks together, holding hands, and eating ice cream cones.
seeing my best friends in love
adventures!!
Carbondale
different cultures
reconnecting with old friends
engagements
milkshakes, or anything of the ice cream variety
old photos
late night conversations on life 
dairy queen
meeting new people and hearing all about their life stories 
mutual smiles
phone calls
the ability to love
the existence of God
and the fact that He will never give up on me
and He won't on you, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment